from the CrossFit Kitchen by Nick Massie
Paleo pizza with a meat crust, topped with shrimp and a blend
recipe yields approximately 12 pieces of pizza
- 2 lb. ground turkey, bison or beef
- 2 eggs
- ¹⁄3 minced onion
- 1 ¼ tbs. chili powder
- ¾ tbs. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 24 shrimp
- 1 ¼ bell peppers, sliced
- 1 ½ zucchini skins, sliced
- ½ purple onion, sliced
- 12 mushrooms, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed and minced
- 1 ½ jalapeño, sliced
- 12 tomato slices
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup tomato purée
- Knead together ground meat, eggs, miced onion, chili
- powder, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Spread meat onto 12″ x 18″ half sheet pan to create a crust.
- Cook for 12 minutes at 350 F.
- Fry shrimp in a pan while crust is baking.
- Mix together bell pepper, zucchini, purple onion,
- mushrooms and garlic cloves.
- Steam mixed vegetables in the oven or in a pan for about 8-12 minutes. Drain excess juice.
- Drain fat from meat crust.
- Mix together tomato sauce and tomato purée and spread evenly on meat crust.
- Spread steamed vegetables, tomato slices, jalapeño slices and shrimp on meatza.
- Drizzle extra tomato sauce/purée mixture over meatza.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 350 F.